Job no: 497675
Work type: fixed term full time
(12 Month Maternity Cover)
Bauer Media is one of Australia’s leading multi-platform publishers, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, Elle, Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day and many more.
About the role
As a member of the Story 54 senior leadership team, this 12-month maternity contract role provides a great opportunity to be part of an award-winning team within one of Australia’s largest publishing companies. Based in our Park Street office in Sydney city and reporting into the GM of Story 54, the Research Director is responsible for the overall development, operation, management and output of the research team.
The research team is made up of 5 full-time team members including a Junior Research Analyst, a Digital Analyst, two Senior Analysts and a Research Manager all of whom report directly into the Research Director.
We are looking for someone who is solution driven with an enthusiastic and collaborative approach.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To proactively assist Bauer Media in growing advertising revenue, market share and total brand audience across the group’s portfolio through the provision of high-level actionable research analysis, insights and compelling presentations.
- Provide Story54 and the senior sales team with insights that help to drive innovation and strategic sales solutions across all platforms.
- Take a leadership role in presenting insights-led presentations to agencies, clients and internal stakeholders including Editors and Publishers.
- Showcase Bauer’s deep audience understanding across key segments and categories on all platforms and position Bauer as synonymous with insights innovation and thought-leadership
- Oversee, implement and project manage large scale go-to-market research presentations
- Data sourcing, interpretation and reporting that provides internal stakeholders with the necessary understanding to drive strategy around commercial content, brand performance, competitor activity, changing consumer trends and new market opportunities.
- Manage the Research P&L
- Develop and implement proprietary research projects that drive commercial return & editorial benefit for Bauer.
- Champion reporting on digital metrics including the performance of our brands, content and channels. Develop digital audience profiles that create a compelling trade story for the Bauer Network and individual brands.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or similar
- Min 9+ years’ experience in a research-focused role (essential)
- Experience in leadership and performance management of a small team
- At least 3 years of magazine media/ publishing experience (desirable)
- Extensive experience executing Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies including Campaign Effectiveness measurement
- Advanced skills with media measurement related software- eg Google Analytics, Nielsen, Roy Morgan
- A high level of numeracy skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, confident presenter
- Knowledge of proprietary online research panels/ communities – Vision Critical (preferable)
- An advanced understanding of the Australian media landscape
The research team is part of the award-winning Story 54 content marketing division which focuses on insight-led brand entertainment and storytelling for all kinds of brands great and small. No one day is the same and the wider Story 54 team is one that is creative, inspiring and energetic. Check out some of the great work we have developed HERE!
You’ll also receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and access to Bauer’s ongoing training opportunities.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now