Job no: 497558
Work type: permanent full time
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
The role of the Digital Developer, Front End Engineer is to facilitate and contribute to the Bauer digital agile delivery process for applications and services in the digital product and technology team. Carrying out duties across requirements capture, build, test, delivery and support.
- Contribute to scrum delivery activities including stand-up, estimation, elaboration, review, retro and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to effective communication between business product and technical delivery.
- Excellent ability to build front end web interfaces in a testable way with high fidelity to designs and requirements.
- Prepare automated testing to execute tests in a reliable and pragmatic way.
- Perform manual test activities as needed.
- Provide 2nd level support as a subject matter expert in digital products. Investigate bugs and issues found in test or reported by users. Collaborate with team to find the root cause and solution.
- Further skills and experience by working closely with leaders.
- 2+ years experience in Agile web product development environments.
- 2+ years React with excellent knowledge of the React API.
- Excellent knowledge of responsive web grid systems, BEM naming system and mobile first techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Git and good collaborative coding practices such as peer code review.
- Experience integrating React with REST API web services.
- Experience integrating React with server side – NodeJS, Express.
- Experience testing React with Enzyme, Mocha, Chai, Sinon.
- Experience with Docker, Linux.
- Experience with YAML pipeline based CI/CD tools.
- Tertiary qualification in a related field such as Computer Science.
- An exceptional eye for detail with all work.
- A positive attitude to overcoming obstacles and getting results.
- Strong analytical and data modelling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of SEO principles.
- Good knowledge of AWS EC2, ECS, Cloudfront, Route53.
- Experience with PHP, WordPress, Drupal front ends.
- Experience with testing automation tools (Cypress, Chimp, Chimpy, Cucumber, Selenium).
- Experience working in or with a media organisation.
- An interest in new and emerging digital product technologies.
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now