Financial Accountant (12 month contract)
Job no: 497527
Work type: fixed term full time
(12 month fixed term contract)
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands including Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
Bauer Media is looking for a Financial Accountant to join our Sydney based team. Reporting to the Finance Manager this role includes managing distribution accounting, intercompany and balance sheet reconciliations, recharging of corporate overhead costs and various month-end and year-end activities. The Financial Accountant will be relied on to support the Senior Accountant and Finance Manager at all times.
As the Financial Accountant, your main responsibilities may include:
- Manage the reconciliation and processing of distribution revenue and costs across AU and NZ;
- Responsibility for the reconciliation of intercompany loan accounts and regularly liaising with intercompany parties to ensure loan balances agree;
- Assisting with the completion of monthly Head Office reporting packages;
- Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Managing the calculation and recharge processing of corporate overhead costs;
- Active involvement in year-end audit and statutory financial reporting; and
- Adhoc tasks as assigned by Finance Management.
The Financial Accountant will also be involved in:
- Compiling recommendations towards process improvement and implementing those recommendations;
- Maintaining financial security by adhering to the internal accounting controls, corporate governance and external legislation; and
- Working together with the financial accounting, AP, AR and management accounting teams and providing guidance and assistance to team members.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following attributes:
- Tertiary and CPA/CA qualified with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience with Peoplesoft and TM1 highly desirable
- First movers from Chartered Accounting background encouraged to apply
- Strong reconciliation experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organisational and problem solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines and multitask
You’ll receive preferred rates to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now