Job no: 497461
Work type: permanent full time
Bauer Media is one of Australia’s leading multi-platform publishers, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, Elle, Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman's Day and many more.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to continue to build on your research career and work in a collaborative and supportive team. Based in our Park Street office in Sydney city and reporting into the Head of Research, the Research Manager will be responsible for responding to insight requests made from the editorial and commercial teams as well as playing an integral role in more significant qualitative and quantitative research projects.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, collaborative, confident and most of all curious in their work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accessing data sources, including proprietary research and syndicated databases, to fulfil major commercial and editorial requests.
- Actively proposing innovative research concepts, ideas and methodologies to solve internal and client business problems.
- Planning, managing and executing assigned qualitative and quantitative research projects that drive a commercial or editorial return for Bauer Media.
- Providing support to the Head of Research and Insights on Major research projects
- Building strong organisational relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the Trade Marketing team in promoting and advocating the insights that come out of the Story 54 Research team with trade and direct client audiences.
- Playing a proactive role in initiating and developing ad-hoc research projects to support proactive and reactive editorial and commercial strategies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or similar.
- Min 6+ years’ experience in a research focused role (essential)
- 1-3 years of magazine media/ publishing experience (desirable)
- Skilled in interpreting research findings from a broad range of sources and effectively sharing appropriate key learnings.
- Adept at data-based storytelling
- Advanced skills with media measurement related software- eg Google Analytics, Nielsen, Roy Morgan
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and SPSS/SAS
- A high level of numeracy skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, confident presenter
- Strong understanding research principals, methodologies and consumer behaviour including campaign effectiveness.
- Knowledge of proprietary online research panels/ communities – Vision Critical (preferable)
- Effective team player skilled in contributing to a positive ‘can do’ team culture
- Sound understanding of the Australian media landscape
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage high volumes of work and meet required deadlines
The research team is part of the award winning Story 54 content marketing division which focuses on insight-led brand entertainment and storytelling for all kinds of brands great and small. No one day is the same and wider Story 54 team is one that is creative, inspiring and energetic. Check out some of the great work we have developed HERE!
You’ll also receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and access to Bauer’s ongoing training opportunities.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now