Job no: 497450
Work type: fixed term full time
Categories: Information Technology
Business Analyst – Technology Delivery Team
12 month fixed term contract
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
Reporting to the Delivery Team Program Manager, the role of the Business Analyst is to provide full life cycle delivery and support of applications and services within the Technology Team, i.e. involvement in the requirements capture, build, test, delivery and subsequent an escalation point as subject matter expert for “business as usual” support and change of those applications and services.
- User Stories are accurately documented, logically split and fully identify the situation or opportunity. This implies that the appropriate documentation is created for the target audience (user stories, business process work flows etc)
- Project documentation as defined in the Delivery Team Projects Engagement Model
- Facilitates effective communication with the business and the development team
- Frequently seeks opportunities to augment customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Manages customer expectations efficiently
System Testing / delivery
- Test build/application is in a UAT ready state when the business starts their testing
- Preparation of acceptance criteria and subsequent test scenario’s
- Preparation of test scripts
- Performance of test scripts
Change request Management & Implementation
- Business requests developed on time, with minimal defects
- Coordinate scheduling of change into production environments
- Communicate schedule activity to Business Owners
2nd level support for all the Program Streams internally developed and vendor supplied applications
- Providing 2nd level SME support to the Delivery Team Support Analyst
- Investigating bugs and issues in a timely manner
- Preparing technical, user and training documentation for internally developed applications
- Providing support to users on the use of key functionality
- Timely escalation as required to appropriate support teams eg Infrastructure, Developers, vendors
- Able to quickly identify the root cause of those issues, find a solution and implement that solution into the production environment.
- Communicate with users regularly via phone, emails and online support tools about incident status and solutions
Skills and experience
- Knowledge of Agile development and Waterfall methodologies
- Extensive ability to write User Stories
- Excellent ability to prepare technical and support documentation.
- Familiar with database and operating systems with exposure to Microsoft.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and application architectures.
- Facilitation of effective communication with the Development Team, and a strong understanding of the needs of this team
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within the Business and Technology teams.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Scrum Master experience
- Tertiary qualification in Information/Business Systems.
- 2+ years Business Analyst experience in Agile environments
- Exposure to Agile software development projects including development of new applications
- Experience with application testing
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now