Beauty & Wellness Director
Job no: 497407
Work type: permanent full time
Beauty & Wellness Director
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, ELLE, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
The Beauty & Wellness Director is responsible for producing the beauty section and online pages of ELLE & Harper’s Bazaar. This consists of beauty stories, features and product pages across a wide variety of topics.
You must be constantly trialling and keeping abreast of the latest beauty products, making sure you are the first point of call for all PR’s with exclusives. You will need to attend product launches and foster excellent relationships with beauty companies and PR’s.
- Responsible for the beauty and health section of both Harper’s Bazaar and ELLE, always mindful of the interests of each reader, producing content that reflect each brand’s unique DNA.
- Be well informed on the all the latest beauty trends, keeping up to date and working closely with writer working across print and digital
- Work closely with the Art team on beauty content to produce still lifes
- Sources images, illustrations and any other graphic materials for stories and brand extension layouts, ensuring they meet the standards expected for the brand and its readers.
- Write, research and implement stories to help continue to grow both magazines’ circulation and profitability of both brands
- Commission freelance and in-house writers for upcoming issues
- Coordinate all beauty products for shoots
- Subedit in InDesign, prepare final document for editors approval
- Maintain a close working relationship and work effectively with all internal and external key stakeholders
- Stay within set budgets and continually look for improvements across process and cost effectiveness
- Devise concepts for beauty model shoots and direct them in collaboration with the fashion teams.
- Management of a beauty writer and intern
- Host panels and events in store when called upon
Skills and experience
- 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Well informed on the all the latest beauty and wellness trends
- Beauty editorial experience
- Experience managing or mentoring junior staff members
- Experience hosting panels and events
- Ability to manage and stay within budget
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now