Business Analyst - Revenue Focus
Job no: 495400
Work type: permanent full time
Business Analyst – Revenue Focus
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 + super
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
As a valued member of the Commercial Finance team, you will be responsible for delivering month end, forecasting and budgeting by performing a selection of processes and functions, with a particular focus on Advertising Revenue.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management Accounting: responsible for timely and accurate completion of allocated finance functions for month end, forecasting and budgeting.
- Financial Accounting: monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring policy compliance for expense claims, assistance with invoice coding.
- Business Partnering: drive change through providing analytical and financial support to Business Managers
- Process improvement: critically assess workflows and be a change agent for improvement
The role builds up extensive business knowledge, systems expertise and establishes strong reputation with the internal stakeholders. An enthusiastic attitude with strong attention to details and analytical skills are essential to ensure success. This role will present numerous opportunities for development and career growth for the right candidate.
- Finance processes for month end, including analysis, journals and commentary
- Forecasting and budgeting for the allocated area of responsibility
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and completion
- Develop and build relationships across the business.
- Present monthly results, forecasts & budgets to the internal stakeholders
- Support Commercial Manager in nominated projects
Skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in a management accounting or revenue analyst position
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn, with an adaptable approach to work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the print / digital media industry
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send your CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now