Account Manager -Direct Sales
Job no: 495395
Work type: permanent full time
Account Manager – Direct Sales
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, Country Style, TV Week Logies and many more.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Direct Sales team here at Bauer Media Homes. You will be working across the portfolio of women’s magazines for lifestyle, food and travel including The Australian Women’s Weekly and Gourmet Traveller. You will inherit a patch of clients and be required to grow the patch and generate new clients and revenue.
We are a team of 18, including Account Managers and Campaign Managers. You will work closely with a Senior Account Manager on a day to day basis whilst reporting in to the Head of Direct Sales. You will also work closely with brand managers for each magazine you represent as well as other stakeholders in the business across digital, research, creative and more, to ensure the best responses for our clients. You will be instrumental in driving new revenue into the business and growing the portfolio of clients that we currently work with.
- You will service your clients across Sydney and greater NSW to sell advertising solutions across print, digital and events.
- Account Management across the existing portfolio, including face to face presentations every week
- Business development, sourcing new clients to grow your patch.
- Working with our internal brands team to develop great advertising solutions and creative ideas
- Must be proactive and resourceful when sourcing leads from a variety of channel
- Maintain competitor awareness and market share
Skills and experience
- 2 years minimum sales experience required
- Media sales experience in print, digital, outdoor, TV, radio or events is preferable
- A University degree is desired but not necessary
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are essential
- Powerful influencing and negotiation skills
- Have a love for magazine brands and want to develop a career within the industry
- Must have a car and full driver’s license as many clients are further a field
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary with commission
- Preferred rates at the company associated gym and swimming pool
- Fun culture and vibrant workplace where every day is different
- Opportunity to grow within and exciting media company which is the largest magazine publisher in Australia
- Work for a company with an activist agenda – knowing you are part of a movement for change
- Sales and development training throughout the year
- Regular beauty perks
- Weekly run club
- Employee discounts to local restaurants, cafes, gyms and more
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now