Job no: 495387
Work type: permanent full time
Editor, Gourmet Traveller
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Women’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
The editor leads a dedicated editorial team and manages a roster of talented freelancers, ensuring the publication is created to a budget and meets deadlines. The role is responsible for the creative editorial direction of the magazine and also works closely with the commercial and marketing teams on a variety of initiatives, events and opportunities.
- Workshop, brief and commission a range of editorial content
- Ensure the Gourmet Traveller brand is always evolving to meet reader expectations and to maintain its position within the luxury market
- Manage editorial and staff budgets
- Work closely with the commercial team to secure advertising revenue and identify opportunities
- Represent the Gourmet Traveller brand at a range of events and meetings
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience working at a senior level in the publishing industry, preferably with a background or expertise in the food or travel area
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to clearly articulate a design brief
- High attention to detail and ability to think creatively
- Ability to work within budgets and to tight deadlines
- Team building and management skills essential
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now