Job no: 495376
Work type: permanent full time
Business Director – Direct to Consumer Solutions
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Women’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
About the role
Lead our new direct to consumer product offering. Be responsible for developing/executing the business plan, go to market, sales, P&L management and revenue reporting of an enhanced ‘business to consumer’ services capability for our clients.
- Reports to Bauer’s Commercial Director (Executive)
- Key stakeholders include existing and potential clients, subscription & e-commerce teams, sales & marketing, finance, legal & IT teams
- Responsible for driving end to end new revenue opportunities, leveraging the Direct to Consumer toolkit.
- Leverage the broader sales team to develop a deep, solution-centric and strategic understanding of our client’s businesses to identify new revenue opportunities from existing toolkit and help influence Bauer’s product roadmap to enable continued revenue growth areas;
- Detail oriented, yet able to see the big picture and work with the overall business, both in the day to day and at management levels, to drive a revenue focused strategy which optimizes Direct to Consumer toolkit investment;
- Develops high level of communication, consistency, and knowledge sharing between sales teams to drive new business opportunities;
- Delivering a high standard of account management and service so that client and Bauer Media’s growth and profitability can be mutually delivered;
- Creating new business plans and ensuring successful delivery to market of Direct to Consumer toolkit e.g. insights/content led solutions/subscriptions/digital marketing and e-commerce business outcomes;
- Identifying and developing business solutions and marketing strategies to achieve sales outcomes;
- Planning, creating & communicating marketing opportunities and solutions to sell internally & support external sales outcomes to drive revenue & market share performance.
Skills and experience
- Commercial Acumen: Commercially focused to leverage existing products, platforms and business solutions to drive new revenue opportunities for bottom-line profitability.
- Relationship building: relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships to achieve objectives, uses diplomacy and tact and can navigate high tension situations.
- Ability to meet sales budget: demonstrated record of achievement within sales.
- Negotiation: able to negotiate skilfully to achieve a favourable or successful outcome.
- Presentation: able to write business proposals or presentation and present at a high level
- System knowledge: vast experience in using CRM, DMP and eCommerce tools.
- Financial awareness: understanding of Company and functional budgets, business plans and the financial management and reporting
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now