Job no: 495370
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Creative / Design
Work within the small team at Bauer books to produce a range of cookbooks under the Australian Women’s Weekly brand and various other Bauer brands, as well as custom titles. Work with the wider creative team, to conceptualise and design a range of beautifully designed cookbooks.
Reporting to the Creative Director and Art Director, the role involves working with a very busy small team of designers and editors to create beautiful cookbooks.
- Designing cookbooks following a template
- Designing some books with your own unique design
- Setting up and sending reprints to the printer
- Sending files to the printer and liaising with production
- Attending photo shoots, and eventually briefing in stylists and photographers, with mood boards you’ve created for our cookbooks
- Designing marketing material for the books (House ads, catalogues, POS items)
- Admin for the department including archiving
- Helping the rest of the team with a variety of jobs
- InDesign and Photoshop – PC platform
- Able to collate references and brief a shoot team
- Knowledge of design + type trends
- Ability to learn and take direction
- Excellent time management skills required to work in a fast paced environment
- Aware of current food/design trends (Not essential)
- Some experience in layout design (book or magazine)
- Basic understanding of photography/photo shoot knowledge a bonus but not essential
- Some knowledge in Illustrator/Bridge a bonus but not a must
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now