Senior Food Editor
Job no: 495367
Work type: permanent full time
Senior Food Editor
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Women’s Day, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
The busy Bauer Books department is now looking for a talented Food Editor to join the team based in the heart of the city’s CBD. In this role you will generate book specific briefs to reach our target audience, provide ideas for book structure and direction for recipe creation. As well as food edit books at varying stages.
- Provide ideas for book structure, direction for recipes and oversee the food component of books, from start to finish.
- Provide guidance and inspiration for our talented in-house and freelance team of photo chef to meet set criteria.
- Troubleshoot recipe/food issues.
- Liaise with photo chefs to ensure quality control and advice as required to create desired outcome and best content.
- Food edit recipes to ensure consistency of style and prepare recipes for typesetting by the designer by the scheduled deadline.
- Write any food-related copy, as required, including tips, notes, introductions, advance information sheets and other text
- Working cooperatively as part of the food editor and broader Bauer Books teams.
- Devise commercial opportunities for new topics.
To be successful in this role our ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive food knowledge.
- Magazine and/or book publishing food editing experience.
- Ability to apply house style guidelines to ensure editorial consistency across different Bauer Book formats.
- Recipe development and testing experience.
- Experience liaising with author/ recipe developer.
- Professional, mature and decisive in approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly focused, results orientated and achieves targets and goals.
- Able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to juggle competing deadlines and work under pressure, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to think and plan ahead.
- Deadline focused.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel (InDesign a bonus).
This is a rare opportunity to get involved in the cookbook publishing process, from conception; right through to photography, printing and marketing following our renowned triple-tested recipe developing process.
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now