Job no: 495265
Work type: fixed term full time, permanent full time
TV WEEK Deputy Editor
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Harper’s Bazaar, Gourmet Traveller, House & Garden and many more.
An exciting opportunity exists to take up a 6-month contract as Deputy Editor of TV WEEK, one of the country’s most loved magazines.
The Deputy Editor assists and supports the Editor in the day-to-day running of the magazine and is integral to the planning and execution of each issue. There’s also great scope to help shape the content each week and put your own stamp on the title.
Also, you’ll part of the team that produces the country’s top awards show, the TV WEEK Logie Awards.
About the role
- Reporting to the editor, you voice and ideas will be heard, and you’ll be integral to shaping each and every issue of one of the country’s best magazines.
- Play a fundamental role in ensuring the brand’s success, through forward planning the issues, as well as leading and motivating the team to achieve the best possible work.
- Driving editorial content and contributing original and creative ideas, as well as planning future issues.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and stepping into the role of Editor when required.
- Overseeing the brand’s social media, web platforms and digital strategies.
- Writing, editing, commissioning, copy-editing and proofreading each issue to ensure a high standard of work.
- Mentoring and motivating a talented editorial team.
Skills and experience
- The ability to multi-task with ease, handling queries from different departments, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills, acting at all times to best represent the brand and company values.
- Minimum of five years’ magazine experience a must, with a background and/or interest in TV and entertainment desirable.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritise responsibilities.
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV and Cover Letter via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now