Job no: 495260
Work type: fixed term full time
Categories: Editorial, Digital
Digital Editor, Now to Love
12 month fixed-term contract
Bauer Media is Australia’s leading multi-platform publisher, providing magazine, digital and live experiences. The portfolio includes some of the country’s longest-running and most successful brands, including Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, TV Week and Elle.
About the role
Working on Now to Love, the digital destination of Australia’s favourite women’s magazines. Reporting to Now to Love’s Digital Content Director, the Editor will help oversee and manage day-to-day editorial operations of the site, and create content that engages and grows our audience. An interest in entertainment, TV and all things royal would be an advantage. This is a 12-month contract (parental leave cover) starting at the end of April.
- Identify, write, edit, curate and build on-brand and engaging content for the site.
- Help run the day-to-day operations of the editorial desk.
- Use analytics and data to help execute the agreed content strategy.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work as a senior member of the editorial team, mentoring and supporting colleagues.
Skills and experience
- At least 5-7 years’ experience working as a journalist, preferably in the digital space (some of this in a senior role with extra responsibilities).
- A superior understanding of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of SEO and how to use data and audience tools to come up with content ideas and drive engagement.
- The confidence and ability to take the lead in the curation of the site’s key pillars.
- The ability to work under pressure to produce accurate, well-written and engaging content with a super-quick turnaround.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and experience in using content management systems.
- A working knowledge of SEO and in using data analytic tools.
You’ll receive preferred rate to the gym and swimming pool at Park Street, regular beauty perks and discounts at many restaurants, cafes and shops as well as access to the Bauer training opportunities.
Please apply now and send you CV via the link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now