Assistant Features Editor
Job no: 495230
Work type: permanent full time
Assistant News and Features Editor - Take 5 magazine
Australia’s Magazine of the Year, Take 5, is looking for a hardworking and talented Assistant Features Editor to join its friendly team.
This rewarding role involves supporting the News and Features Editor and Deputy News and Features Editor in managing a team of feature writers and freelancers and helping to oversee features in Take 5 and its sister publication in New Zealand, Lucky Break.
You must have at least three years’ experience as a journalist, with experience in magazines preferred but not essential.
- Working with the Features Editors to secure the best real life stories for the magazine
- Assisting with managing our team of in-house writers
- Commissioning stories from freelance journalists and news agencies
- Editing writers’ stories to suit the magazine’s style and tone
- Generating and overseeing newsworthy campaigns and competitions
- Liaising with external sources to generate stories and campaigns aimed at raising the profile of the magazine
- Working with other departments including the photo desk, sub editors and designers to ensure the smooth running of the magazine
- Managing and mentoring emerging talent
Skills and experience you will need:
- Solid journalism background, ideally with some experience with editing, writing and commissioning stories
- Excellent news sense and an understanding of issues that matter to everyday Australian women
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Outstanding communications skills, highly-organised with an eye for accuracy and detail
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now