Digital News and Entertainment Editor
Job no: 493827
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Editorial, Digital
Bauer Media's Digital Division is advancing the media industry by applying user driven strategies to deliver cutting edge news and build original, innovative products centred on audience needs.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic News & Entertainment Editor to join our talented digital team who work across our luxury brands – ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar and Cosmopolitan. As News & Entertainment Editor you will be responsible for pitching, researching and writing content spanning celebrity, entertainment, current affairs and more editorial pillars for the digital platforms of three of the world’s biggest magazine brands.
We are looking for an experienced entertainment writer ideally with previous experience on a weekly title or across a digital platform.
What you will bring:
- Deeply invested in all things celebrity and pop culture – you will know all the news, trends and gossip as soon as it happens
- Have strong networking skills and ready-to-go entertainment PR contacts
- Have strong enough editorial skills to adapt to and switch between three different and distinct tonalities
- Experience using Content Management Systems and Google Analytics
- Be an 'ideas person' – constantly dreaming up great new concepts to cover the week's hottest TV shows and releases
- Know how to construct a killer sell for a story and how to promote it socially
- Have a grasp of important news stories, current affairs and women’s issues (you will know your Jacqui Lambie from your Pauline Hanson)
- Be able to spot a human interest story before it goes viral
- Have the ability to turnaround clean, snappy copy with ease
- Be willing to work to a roster if required
- Experience working with Photoshop would be preferable
If this sounds like the perfect fit then we would love to hear from you. Click on the link and following the instructions to apply today. Instead of a cover letter, let’s get creative. Send us your Instagram/Twitter bio – describe your work in 100 words or less.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now