Senior Commercial Editor - Digital
Job no: 493660
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Creative / Design, Digital, Editorial, Publishing
Senior Commercial Editor
We are now seeking a talented Senior Commercial Editor to join the team and be responsible for writing, editing and executing the commercialisation of content across Bauer’s Digital network. The day-to-day workflow involves producing commercial content – including articles, videos, social content and advertorials – for our brands, including The Australian Women's Weekly, Woman's Day, Cosmopolitan, Gourmet Traveller, ELLE and Harper's Bazaar.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Produce commercial content – including native advertising, branded content/advertorials, videos and social content – across leading brands. This will involve the entire editorial process – understanding the brief, ideation, writing high-quality content that marries an advertiser’s objectives with an array of editorial tones, implementing client feedback and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Sub-editing copy, picture research, GIF creation and uploading copy to the CMS.
- Work alongside the commercial content, editorial and sales teams, ensuring efficiency and quality of commercial content output across web and social channels.
- Responsible for ensuring content campaigns adhere to all given timelines and live dates.
- Ensure digital campaign content pieces achieve given KPIs, by creating innovative, engaging and on-brand content that adheres to internal and external search and social guidelines.
- Help deliver clever, first-to-market solutions that meet client demands and expectations, whilst primarily appealing to a given audience.
What you will bring:
- Proven experience in creating high-quality, unique and engaging digital editorial content, video and social media posts.
- Proven experience in writing for multiple audiences, with a focus on female audiences.
- Adept at writing about multiple different genres and subject matters and an expert at applying different styles and tones to your writing.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- In-depth knowledge of CMS, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
- Adept at picture research, GIF creation, Photoshop and Giphy research.
- Collaborative, a strong team player, but also good at taking initiative and getting on with the job at hand on your own.
- Experience working with video (both ideation and production) is not essential, but would be viewed highly.
- Experience with working with photographers, ideating and executing shoot concepts is not essential, but would be viewed highly.
To ensure your success in this unique role you will fully appreciate the relationship between the editorial and commercial streams. You'll naturally be commercially aware and also have an excellent understanding of editorial content and what makes a given audience click!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now