News & Entertainment Editor, Cosmopolitan
Job no: 493438
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Editorial, Publishing
What you will know about Bauer Media Australia is our brands - The Australian Women's Weekly, Woman's Day, NW, Australian House & Garden, Wheels, Gourmet Traveller and many, many more. What you may not know is that we are a diverse, fast moving, constantly evolving multi–platform media business whose people bring their passion and creativity together in order to produce great products that inspire others.
Cosmopolitan is the world’s most successful magazine for young women who join our conversations on topics ranging from fashion and beauty to relationships and body image.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join the Cosmo team as the News and Entertainment Editor. You’ll work closely with the Features Director to secure cover-worthy zeitgeist and entertainment stories for the magazine. You’ll research, interview talent and write features and news for the magazine and work closely with celebrity agents and PR contacts to secure cover shoots and interviews.
With access to the hottest new shows, releases and reality TV talent, this is an exciting role for someone who lives and breathes entertainment. If you can’t wait for The Bachelorette to start and you’re obsessed with the latest celebrity skin secrets, this is the role for you!
As the ideal person for this role, you’ll bring the following:-
- Significant experience as an entertainment writer on a weekly title or website
- Substantial contacts in the local and international celebrity market – with agents, music labels and PR companies
- An eye for Cosmo-appropriate talent that will resonate with the Cosmo audience
- Ideas for strong coverlines
- A passion for all things entertainment/celebrity; TV, music and movies
- Ideas! You’re constantly dreaming up great new concepts to cover the week's hottest shows and releases
- An eye for a great reality TV news story or coverline
- Experience in organising photo shoots, conducting interviews and managing talent
- Strong networking skills and ready-to-go entertainment PR contacts
- Sound copy editing experience
- Confidence in managing freelance writers
- Excellent time-managements skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines
If you’re a natural social networker who is seeking career growth and an opportunity to show off your own personal writing flair, this passionate and supportive team wants to hear from you!
Please click "Apply Now" and attach your cover letter and resume.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now