Senior Designer, Woman's Day
Job no: 493403
Work type: permanent full time
Categories: Creative / Design, Publishing
Woman’s Day is Australia’s biggest selling weekly magazine, read by around 1.3 million readers every week. From royals to recipes, the brand has been delivering the ultimate escape for Australian women for 70 years.
Owned by Bauer Media Australia, Woman’s Day joins House & Garden, Wheels, Gourmet Traveller and many more recognised brands as part of a diverse multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Designer will form an integral part of the art team. This valued role will implement and maintain the visual style and direction of the magazine title, ensuring design work is of the highest quality and delivered in line with production schedule deadlines.
Other key responsibilities will include:-
- Design pages of visuals to illustrate features and obtain approval of layouts
- Copy reading to ensure the layout enhances the message in the editorial
- Provide guidance to other design team members
- Create and check InDesign pages, ensuring accuracy and consistency of creative messages
Who you are
You'll be a creative and proactive graphic designer, preferably working on a weekly magazine title. As a self-starter who can work collaboratively, you demonstrate initiative and consistently seek to ensure that all creative solutions are ‘on brand’. You’ll also bring the following:-
- Strong technical skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and possess a working knowledge of Woodwing
- Ability to create exciting layouts on a weekly basis, in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Be brimming with fresh, original ideas!
In return, we offer a competitive salary, dynamic team environment within an iconic brand and real career growth opportunities.
Please click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now