Senior Sub-Editor - Bauer Trader Media
Job no: 493395
Work type: permanent full time
Bauer Trader Media is one of Australia’s leading multimedia publishers, with market-leading print, web and television products. We publish the country’s most iconic automotive brands – Wheels, MOTOR, Street Machine, Unique Cars and 4X4 Australia – as well as their associated websites and whichcar.com.au.
We are now seeking an experienced sub-editor to join our close-knit motoring team at Wheels.
If you are looking for a rewarding position that offers the right candidate not only the chance to work with and learn from Australia’s leading motoring journalists but also the opportunity to expand your skills into areas as diverse as car testing, issue planning and liaising between print and online platforms, all while building strong relationships across the motoring industry, then this is the role for you!
To succeed and grow, you’ll bring a flexible and creative mind that will help you shape the compelling content that keeps Wheels at the cutting edge.
To be successful in this role:
- Proven experience as a magazine sub-editor
- Degree or similar qualification in journalism or a closely related subject
- Strong headline and caption-writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously, including liaising with manufacturers
- Capable of meeting a brief and working under direction when required
- Proficiency in Word and InDesign
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities, and experience in managing contributors
- Absolute dedication to meeting deadlines
- Experience in a production editor role
- Conversant with motoring-specific language and terminology, ideally some mechanical knowledge and understanding.
Only candidates whose applications clearly indicate that they meet these criteria will be considered.
Why join Bauer?
Bauer Media is Australia's leading multi-platform publisher, with investments spanning magazines, digital and live experiences.
Inspiring people are at the heart of our company. You'll find great people here who will inspire you to deliver your best. Our workforce is diverse and all working together to bring to life amazing products.
Joining Bauer will help you grow your career, connect with inspiring people and develop new skills in this exciting time of evolution in the media industry.
The right person will join a fantastic and supportive team of highly successful people, with a great culture and endless opportunity for career progression.
Follow the link to apply today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now